The mattress which has an uneven surface and doesn’t support the body equally is known as a saggy mattress. A saggy mattress becomes soft because of the disintegration of the mattress cells if you have a conventional mattress. And in case of spring mattress, it may become uneven because of the pressed springs.
Photo Credit: tripadvisor.com
A lumpy, saggy and depressed mattress can bring a lot of trouble for you because your body will not have the even surface which is necessary to retain your body posture. This may cause unnecessary pressures on your muscles and joints. As a result, you will not be able to sleep calmly.
So, you must have interpreted the harmfulness of having a sagging mattress and the necessity of either replacing it or fixing it. You should fix or replace a sagging mattress so that you may be able to avoid sleeplessness and bodily pains.
There are mainly 2 kinds of mattress which show sagging issues and needs to be fixed properly:
- Traditional foam mattress
- Spring mattress or Box spring mattress
Here we will be discussing some of the most popular and proven tips and tricks for fixing these two types of mattresses so that you can sleep easy even if you have an old mattress.
Easy fixes for your sagging traditional foam mattress:
1. Putting pillows beneath the sagging areas:
If you have a mattress having depressed areas in the middle of it you can fix it in a very easy way. To fix this, you just need to pick some pillows filled with soft fiber. You need to grab small sized pillow as they can do the best because they can be placed in the specific place. Just put the pillows beneath the area and that is all you need to do to be able to sleep easy on an even surface.
2. Replacing the cardboard/plywood:
There should be a plain plywood placed under your mattress because it provides an even surface for you so that you may enjoy a sound sleep. You just need to check the condition of the plywood and see whether it is causing your mattress to give a saggy look. If possible you may place another plywood underneath the mattress or replace the previous one in order to fix the saggy mattress.
3. Use a mattress topper/mattress pad:
A mattress topper or mattress pad can be used on top of your foam mattress to fix the sagginess of the mattress. There are different kinds of mattress toppers and mattress pads available on the market such as fiber filled, down filled or memory foam mattress toppers. If you need to make a lumpy surface and deep depressions even then you should go for a thick mattress topper made of memory foam because it can cover and will adjust to the surface and moreover it will give your body an even and well-balanced surface to sleep.
Easy fixes for your sagging Spring mattress or Box spring mattress:
1. To help your spring mattress stay even, you need to search the damaged or compressed springs and replace them. You can easily replace box springs and get a new one according to the size of your mattress springs.
2. The slats underneath the mattress can also be replaced in order to support the mattress appropriately. Sometimes wooden slats and frame may cause slight depression in the middle which results to the uneven surface of your mattress. You can easily fix it by installing new metal slats to give a smooth surface.
3. A mattress topper or a mattress pad can be used in case of minor issues and depression.
We hope that the above mentioned easy tactics will help you to fix your sagging mattress and it will also save the money you would need in case of buying a new one. We have tried our best to make it more simple and economic. So we hope you will find it helpful by implementing these tips.